Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prayer by Rebecca Wee

I love you so I swear I do adore you
Tristan Tzara



From the wreck and tangle of the past moon the past
moment every minute since this thirst began,
I lean
I stumble toward you hoping
you’ve not turned away yet

hoping there might be something here
to hold your falling eyes, tack your feet
to the floor

If I could escape my head
for one day
and come to you as tongue, as open mouth proud
hunger and thighs, as fingernail and footsole


lapis and emerald


If I could come to you
without my voice pulling words
around the sound
but just carry you with me

to the water
and walk our bodies in until our mouths are under-

neath us and making Os, marking us
with sucking, octopus and leech


If I could I would leave
the flimsy skin of my intellect on the sand

like a towel, a blouse, to change shape and texture
into wind

From Uncertain Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment